Mens Apparel & Clothing
Shop men's clothing for performance and comfort whether you're hiking or fishing outdoors, at the house, or out with friends.
Men's Down & Insulated Jackets
Insulated jackets and down vests for men keep you dry and warm in every environment.
These performance button-down shirts and quality tees are made from quality fabrics to keep you looking good and feeling good.
Men's Fleece & Soft Shell Jackets
Shop our fleece jackets and soft-shell jackets for warmth and layering on chilly mornings and cold weather.
Performance pants offer flexibility, protection from the elements, and ultimate performance for your outdoor adventures.
Men's Sweaters & Hoodies
Hoodies and sweaters for men add warmth, comfort and style whether you're on the trail or relaxing at camp.
Men's shorts are made from quality fabrics with durable construction and sweat+odor resistance for peak performance.
Add base layers for cold-weather warmth. Technical fabrics wick sweat, resist odor, and prevent chafing and wear.
For UV protection, comfort, style and warmth, shop our selection of hats, beanies and headbands.
Protect your eyes and improve visibility with polarized sunglasses from some of the top brands in the industry.
Warm hands are a must in the outdoors. Keep yours warm with gloves that stand up to any weather condition.
Men's Performance Clothing and Outdoor Apparel
Take on all the outdoors has to offer with the right men's clothing from Backwoods. Prep for your next trip with a comfortable shirt, outdoor pants and a durable pair of hiking boots. Add a base layer and a good jacket and there's no trail or hike that’s too difficult to handle.
At Backwoods, we want to provide you with the best available men's apparel for outdoor activities and performance - everything you need while camping in the backcountry, backpacking your favorite trail, camping with the family, or for that bucket-list fly fishing trip with the boys.
Choosing the right clothes makes for a great hike, fishing trip, or camping excursion, but the wrong clothing can turn a difficult trip into an unbearable one. At Backwoods, you'll find the top brands with high-quality products that provide durable and reliable performance.
Modern materials are created for outdoor activities. Merino wool, one of our most-popular fabrics, will wick sweat as you work harder so you stay dry, cooler, and more comfortable. It resists odor due to superior breathbility and moisture management over traditional fabrics. A pair of cotton athletic shorts may be your go-to around the house or at the gym, but there are better options for the outdoors! Cotton traps moisture and sweat which will prevent proper ventilation in the heat (it will make you hotter!) and will cool you down too quickly in cold weather. Choosing a synthetic-blend with the right properties will out-perform and outlast most traditional clothing.
The men at Backwoods look forward to the challenge of daunting weather conditions and temperatures that vary wildly on the trail. But if you get caught wearing the wrong clothing for the conditions, especially at higher elevations, it may not only be uncomfortable but dangerous as well. Wearing multiple layers of appropriate clothing is so important.
So what type of clothing should you wear when outdoors? Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Base layers: Be careful when choosing to wear base layers because they can be difficult to shed on a hot afternoon. But for most of the year, an early hike calls for a good thermal barrier beneath your clothing. Adding a base layer underneath waders can also insulate you from a cold mountain stream while you're fly fishing. Icebreaker's Oasis Long Sleeve Half-Zip Shirt and Oasis Leggings with Fly provide the type of material, durability and warmth you need.
- Pants: Get a durable pair of pants, capris or shorts that won’t chafe. The Kuhl Radikl Pants are one of our go-to choices due to the durability and strength, and the flex points in the knees, waist and crotch for better mobility.
- Shirts: Icebreaker's Tech Top Long Sleeve Crewe is lightweight and breathable for heat, but also blocks the sun and is great for a mid-layer if the temperature drops. For Fly fishing, the Dagon Taylor River Shirt has plenty of pockets for storage, and comes with a buttonless arms design to prevent your line from hanging on your sleeve. For a more casual look, try the Konquer Short Sleeve Shirt from Kuhl.
- Jackets: A good jacket will keep you warm with breathability to keep you dry. The highly-packable Beta LS Hybrid Jacket from Arc'teryx is a superlight GORE-TEX® jacket made for harsh weather protection. Also take a look at the Men's Hops Hoody from MtnLogic for a performance fleece jacket.
- Footwear: Don't forget footwear - it may be the most important purchase you make when hiking. That's why we have an entire section of Backwoosd.com dedicated to men's footwear. Look for a good pair of hiking socks and either hiking boots or hiking shoes.