Join Our Team!
Who We Are Looking For:
Backwoods is always looking for new team members who are just as excited about camping, hunting, fishing, and adventure sports as we are. We are growing quickly, and we want you to be a part. Check out the opportunities we have available and email us with you resume and cover letter. Let us know why you are the perfect person for us!
Backwoods 2.0 - Austin, TX
Backwoods is looking for an Assistant Buyer to predominately support the Senior Buyer in daily responsibilities, and clerical needs.
Ideally, the person filling this role has knowledge of outdoor apparel and footwear. He/She will be an ambitious, self-starter who can flourish in an ever-changing environment. While there is a defined job title with day-to-date tasks, we are a growing, small company and you will wear many hats on a weekly basis.
This role requires working in an office setting on a computer for a large percentage of the day.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Following direction of Buyer
- Creating and maintaining item details in Lightspeed Inventory Management Software
- Management of all types of purchase orders (special orders, replenishment, ASAP, preseason)
- Monitor deliveries to at least 4 physical locations and resolve shipment issues
- Generate reports and manipulate data
- Manage inventory according to buyer: markdowns, transfers, and merchandise swaps
- Maintain vendor relationships by keeping in constant communication with CSR’s, Vendor Rep’s, and sales staff
- Providing input on assortment decisions
- Serve as an additional point of contact for the buying department
- High proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to Juggle multiple projects at once while meeting hard deadlines
- Has meticulous attention to detail and acts thoughtfully
- Is very organized in a fast paced environment
- Will flourish with mentorship but works well under minimal supervision
- Has a knack for understanding software and databases
- Accepts interruptions and can reprioritize tasks easily
- Bachelor's Degree
- An in-depth understanding of the Outdoor Retail market and the vendors/products that are typically offered in an Outdoor Retail store
- 1-2 Years’ experience in Merchandise Planning or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Retail Merchandising or related field
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin, TX
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 2 years in Outdoor Retail