Payment & Cancellation
The following applies to all trips hosted and/or facilitated by Backwoods Adventures (“BWA”).
Paying for your Backwoods Adventure
Reserve your spot with an adventure deposit
When you book a Backwoods Adventure on our site, you are charged a deposit amount to reserve your spot on the trip list. The deposit amounts for BWA trips are typically set at 10% of the total trip cost.
- Deposits for all trips are due upon booking (at checkout). A separate deposit is required for each person attending in order to reserve a spot. You can purchase multiple deposits at one time on our site.
- Upon payment, you will receive a link to our online registration form which you must fill out in order to confirm your space.
Payment in full for your Backwoods Adventure
Full payment of the tour fee is due 120 days prior to departure. We will bill you for the final payment at either 120 days, or when the tour has reached sufficient subscription to operate, whichever date comes later. Since the cost of your airline tickets is generally non-refundable, please do not finalize these purchases until you have received final billing for the tour or have been advised that the tour is sufficiently subscribed to operate by our Backwoods Adventure staff.
We understand that life happens, and some of our guests need to cancel a trip. Backwoods Adventures makes it simple to cancel an adventure, while at the same time protecting other guests that have purchased the same trip as you.
Cancellations can be made by writing Backwoods Adventures email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also speak to a Backwoods Adventure representative at (888) 849-6637 x 1 during normal office hours (9a-5p, M-F). Please review our terms of cancellation:
- Refund of deposit and payment, less $100 handling fee, will be made if cancellation is received up to 120 days before departure. If cancellation occurs between 119 and 70 days before the departure date, 50% of the tour fee is refundable. Thereafter, all deposits and payments are not refundable.
- This policy only applies to payments made to Backwoods Adventures for tour fees (and any services included in those fees). Airline tickets not included in the tour fee and purchased separately often carry penalties for cancellation or change, or are sometimes totally non-refundable.
- Any return of funds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment, or by check.
- Backwoods Adventures reserves the right to cancel an adventure due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the adventure non-viable. If BWA cancels an adventure, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, BWA has the right to either issue a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Backwoods recommends that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer travel protection through Travelex Insurance Services. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click here or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 43-0634.
Travel Insurance is underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. 55Y